Welcome to the IDA World Congress 2017 Technical Program Information Center!
Call for Papers Submission Site is Closed
Submissions and Selection Process – Reference Use Only:
To participate in the IDA World Congress on Water Reuse and Desalination Technical Program “Ensure Your Water Future,” and have your submission considered for presentation in this program, please read this entire section thoroughly.
We are looking for papers in subject areas that reflect the Congress Theme “Ensure Your Water Future” which underscores the growing importance that water reuse and the desalination play in ensuring a sustainable water supply as we face the challenges that increasing water scarcity, the impact of climate change and unrelenting, growing demand for water all place on traditional resources.
Steps to Submissions
Step 1: To be considered for participation in the program you must first agree to the Congress Technical Program Participant terms and conditions. Download here to complete the Participation Agreement form and return the signed copy to email@example.com. Please subject your email: IDA-17WC Participation Agreement
Step 2: Create an Extended Abstract based on one of the Topics as outlined in the Congress Call for Papers Brochure. To view the Call for Papers brochure of topic listings, please click here.
Also, see the Program Information and Presentation Topics tab here on the website.
Extended Abstracts are required and will be initially reviewed for content and relevance to the theme of the Congress. Additionally all submissions will be evaluated on the basis of contribution and impact, originality, accuracy, quality of presentation, and appropriate comparison to related works.
An Extended Abstract is a research paper whose ideas and significance can be understood in a single reading. Your submission should state the paper’s purpose, new results and conclusions, if available. It should also contain references and comparisons to related work.
The abstract should be written in English and be in text only (no graphics) not to exceed 5000 characters in length, including spacing and punctuations.
Accepted abstracts will be allocated to a related session and authors will be required to submit a full manuscript for inclusion in the Congress Proceedings and a PowerPoint (subject to approval) for onsite presentation. Submissions will be accepted on the basis of technical merit and only those Abstracts accepted into the program will have access to the required templates for participation and inclusion in the Proceedings.
The IDA Presenter Center will be open for submissions until Monday, October 31, 2016, extended to Tuesday, November 15, 2016. All submissions must be made through the IDA Presenter Center. No submissions will be accepted via email.
Step 3: Enter the IDA Presenter Center. To submit, you must be logged into your IDA Profile. If you do not already have a profile in the IDA database, you will need to create one – click here. Once your profile is complete, or you have entered your existing profile, the Presenter Center Tab will appear on the toolbar at the top of the page. Click on the tab and select “CREATE NEW SUBMISSION” to proceed with your submission.
NOTE: Prepare your Extended Abstract TEXT on a Word doc, ready to COPY and PASTE into the TEXT BOX indicated under the Submission Data tab. This tab can be found after you “Create New Submission”. The site will not accept files for uploading. You must copy and paste your abstract text.
IMPORTANT NOTICE! Once in the system, submitting Authors will be allowed to review or modify their SAVED submissions until midnight (EDT), Monday, October 31, 2016, extended to Tuesday, November 15, 2016 (11:59 pm (EDT). However, once you have clicked on the Submit Submission you will no longer be able to edit the Data regardless of the date.
- Receipt by IDA a signed participant agreement
- All program participants must have or create a profile in the IDA online database and access the Presenter Center to provide the necessary requirements
- Presenters paid registration for the Congress (fees paid by participant)
- A current high resolution head shot photo uploaded to participants online profile
- A current biography added to the pre-formatted section of participants online profile
- An Abstract/Manuscript using the IDA Congress template
- A PowerPoint version of the presentation on the IDA PPT Congress template. Note IDA reserves the right to all PowerPoint’s which will be converted (by IDA) to PDF, if included in the proceedings and/or distributed to the Attendees directly following the event
Terms and Conditions
- A Participation Agreement will be submitted to IDA for each submission prior to the acceptance into the program
- Work is original and not previously presented or submitted elsewhere
- Those accepted into the program will provide a final manuscript and PowerPoint presentation
- All content within the submission(s) is formatted according to IDA’s Requirements and using the provided templates
- The Presenter for each accepted submission will register and pay the fees for the Congress by the deadline set by IDA
- All content within the IDA Congress Participant Requirements has been read and understood
- Accuracy of all submission information is the responsibility of the Submitting Person
- IDA has the right to remove any accepted submission/participant who does not abide by the Participation Requirements as put forth and as agreed
Templates and Online Profile
- Participation Agreement
- Full Manuscript
- Copyright Agreement
- Presenter Headshot and Biography
- PowerPoint Presentation and Introduction
Questions and Concerns
Please direct all inquiries regarding the Congress Technical Program to: Ms. Darlene Seta, at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write “IDA 17WC” in the subject line of your inquiry).